Our elementary school program is based on maximizing the learning of every student through a rigorous standards-based curriculum. We track learning progress by analyzing data from assessments that are fair for deaf students. Our students are highly successful due to the following:
- students are taught directly in a fully accessible language, not through an interpreter
- students are able to communicate directly with everyone in the school building, giving them a language-rich learning environment
- teachers are both experts in teaching deaf students, and experts in teaching their specific content area to deaf students.
- classrooms are designed to be the best learning environments for deaf children
- small class sizes and a strong focus on the learning needs of every child.